Online casinos in Argentina
Online gambling in Argentina legalized in the province of Buenos Aires. Internet gambling based on Law No. 15.079 «Regulation of Online Gambling”(Ley N ° 15.079 — Titulo VIII — Regulación del Juego online, Section VIII).
On March 25, 2019, to supplement Section VIII, Decree 181/2019 (Decreto 181/19) was adopted: annexes provided for the regulation and issuance of a license for online gambling province of Buenos Aires.
The authorized body that oversees gambling activities is the Provincial Institute of Lottery and Casinos of the Province of Buenos Aires.
Argentina Online Casino Regulations
Online casino license
Issued by the Provincial Institute of Lottery and Casinos of the Province of Buenos Aires.
Ley N° 15.079 — Título VIII — Regulación del Juego online
Decreto 181/19 March 25, 2019
Penalties for players
Fines for illegal gambling
Responsibilities of the regulator in Argentina
The Provincial Institute of Lottery and Casinos of the Province of Buenos Aires (after this referred to as the Authorized Body) is an independent, autonomous decentralized government agency engaged in the management of gambling in the province of Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The department has two divisions:
- Delegación Mar del Plata,
- Delegación Bahía Blanca.
The duties of the Authorized Body include:
- Issuance of licenses on the online casino.
- Determination of the requirements.
- Issuance of permissions to operators for advertising, sponsorship, or promotion of gambling entertainment. Information should not:
- encourage minors to participate in an online casino;
- be offensive or deceitful towards players;
- influence the course of the game or mislead about the nature of gambling.
Games belonging to online platforms:
- electronic slot machines;
- casino games;
- bets on virtual games;
- horse racing bets;
- bets on real sports and non-sports events that are not political.
The Register of applicants for obtaining a license for online gambling can view on the Authorized Body website.
Participants in online gambling entertainment can be persons:
- over 18 years old;
- self-exclusions not included in the Register;
- living in the province of Buenos Aires;
- telecommunication device which located on the territory of Buenos Aires.
The authorized body may request additional information from the operator about the registered participant to verify his participation in gambling.
Measures to protect players in Argentina
To conduct Responsible Gaming, online casino operators (according to Law No. 15.079 Section VIII) must:
- Enable a feature that allows a member to set deposit limits.
- Enable a feature for a player to request a temporary or permanent exclusion from the game, or set a time limit.
- Trigger an alert to the user that he has been logged in for more than 3 hours, repeating the alarm every hour.
Information on the temporary or permanent exclusion of a player from participation in online gambling transferred to the Authorized Body, which maintains the Self-Exclusion Register.
In 2005 created the Addicted Gamblers Assistance Program. It includes a free public service network to prevent, curb addiction to online gambling, and improve people and families who are affected. There are ten service centers for gambling addicts in the province: Avellaneda, Bahía Blanca, La Plata, Mar del Plata, Morón, Necochea, Olavarría, Pergamino, Tandil, Vicente López.
Educational institutions hold preventive seminars on gambling addiction. To participate, you need to fill out a unique application form.
On the Authorized Body website, there is a free line for gamblers and their loved ones (from Mon. to Fri. from 9:00 to 20:00). Personnel specialized in addiction issues advice and, if necessary, refer to specialized centers.
Contact support for players and addicts
The player can deposit money into an account or receive winnings using cash, wire transfers, credit and debit cards, or any other authorized authorization method in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
The operator must provide the player with access to information about the balance of the game account, game history, replenishment, and withdrawal of funds.
According to decree 181/19, information on operators who have received a license/permit must be published on the Notified Body's official website in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and regularly updated. Licensees must post the license and issuing authority on the web platform.