Online casinos in Slovakia
The online gambling industry has been regulated in the Slovak Republic with the adoption of Law No. 30/2019 Coll. «On Gambling»  (Zákon č. 30/2019 Z. z. o hazardných hrách a o zmene a doplnení niektorých zákonov v znení neskorších predpisov) since 2019. Operators register online casinos on the national domain «.sk».
The Gambling Regulatory Authority or Úrad pre reguláciu hazardných hier  is a budgetary organization that decides on the issuance or revocation of individual licenses.
Legal regulations of online casinos in Slovakia
|Online casino license||An individual license for the right to manage gambling in online casinos. Issued by Úrad pre reguláciu hazardných hier|
|Law||Zákon č. 30/2019 Z. z. o hazardných hrách a o zmene a doplnení niektorých zákonov v znení neskorších predpisov|
|Penalties for illegal gambling|| |
Revocation or cancellation of an individual license.
They are blacklisting an online casino operator
Penalties under the Law:
|Payment system||Visa, MasterCard, QIWI, WebMoney, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafecard|
Responsibilities of the regulatory authority in Slovakia
The purpose of the current Law on Gambling is to create conditions for the protection of public order in online games and provide social compensation for risks from participation in gamblings.
Gambling government in Slovakia:
- Ministry of Finance (central authority);
- Úrad pre reguláciu hazardných hier — Director General, responsible for the activities of the Office. Appointed and dismissed by the Minister of Finance of the Slovak Republic.
Responsibilities of the Ministry of Finance of Slovakia:
- development of bills related to gambling;
- cooperation in the field of online casinos with state authorities of the EU countries, international organizations.
In addition to issuing an individual license, the duties of Úrad pre reguláciu hazardných hier include:
- monitoring compliance with the legal norms of the Law by authorized testing laboratories (they provide professional software assessment);
- publication of guidelines in gambling; monitoring compliance with the provisions of the Law by operators;
- management of contributions to the state budget;
- imposing sanctions on violators;
- maintaining the central Register of gambling operators;
- administered the Register of individuals excluded from gambling (after this referred to as the Register of Excluded Persons).
Allowed online gambling in Slovakia:
- numerical, instant lotteries;
- board (roulette, card, dice);
- sports betting; slots.
All online games included in the National Lottery Company will be controlled by it. The rules of online games on sites should be available in the state language.
A list of individual licenses  issued for gambling in Slovakia can found in Registre, zoznamy a číselníky.
Measures to protect players in Slovakia
According to the Law, website operators provide users with access to the account with full information in a visible place about:
- the prohibition against playing for persons under the age of 18;
- possible risks associated with addiction; potential significant financial losses;
- about general bets and winnings; contacts of a specialized medical institution for the treatment of gambling addiction;
- self-limiting possibilities for maximum total bets and injury.
Individuals excluded from participation in gambling:
- under the age of 18;
- self-requested self-exclusion procedure;
- with diagnosed pathological diseases;
- with an injunction to participate in betting;
- paying alimony to a child with a disability;
- receiving a scholarship at a public or private higher education institution.
Suppliers of information about these persons in Slovakia:
- National Center for Health Information.
- Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, and Family.
- Ministry of Education, Science Research and Sports.
- Interested parties self-applying for self-exclusion.
The application form  for disqualification from participation in an online casino (or request for exclusion from the Register) you can download from Úrad pre reguláciu hazardných hier.
Support Contacts for Players and Affiliates
The operator fills out on a licensed online casino resource:
- identification and contact details;
- identification and contact details of the regulator that issued the license;
- license number, types, and plan of gambling.
A person can apply for a license with a legal address in the Slovak Republic territory or with a registered place of residence in the EU or EEA. Servers of Internet operators should be located in Slovakia, with the right of access to them by the Office.
Yes. To participate in the online casino, players register and create an account: they enter data on the name, surname, date of birth, permanent place of residence or residence permit, citizenship. Gamblers can have one account on the site of one operator.