Online casino in Portugal
The online gambling segment in Portugal has legalized since 2015. Operator websites with licenses must have a «.pt» domain name identifier. Full information on the licensing of objects (link to the site, license number, names of legalized online casinos) can found on Game Control and Inspection Service's official website. Tourism of Portugal (referred to as SRIJ).
The legislative basis for online casino Portugal
Online Casino License
|Must be licensed: |
Decree-Law No. 66/2015 (Decreto-Lei n.º 66/2015) of April 29, 2015. (as amended)
Penalties for players
Penalties for illegal gambling activities
Languages of online casino sites
WebMoney, Visa, Skrill, PayPal, MasterCard, Neteller, Maestro, MuchBetter, PaysafeCard
Features of online casino regulation in Portugal
Authorized organizations operate under the Portuguese Tourism Authority (Instituto de Turismo de Portugal, I.P.):
- SRIJ monitors regulate and supervise online casinos. The commission that coordinates the activities of the SRIJ is the Gambling Commission.
- The Gambling Commission (Pela Comissão de Jogos) is responsible for issuing licenses, approving online gambling and betting rules, issuing instructions and instructions, providing technical support, managing fees, taxes on the use of online casinos.
Decree Law No. 66/2015 (Decreto-Lei n.º 66/2015) of April 29, 2015. (as amended) - provides legal regime for gambling on the Internet (Regime Jurídico dos Jogos e Apostas Online, or RJO).
To participate in online casinos, you must register. The participant must be the owner of the payment account. You can only register an account on different websites once.
A player may participate in gambling and betting demonstrations without making a deposit but without any prizes.
Types of gambling must be licensed:
1. Bets on sports with fixed odds.
2. Bets on races.
- Baccarat point and Banque / Macau Baccarat point and Banque.
- French Banque.
- Blackjack / 21.
- Slot machines with one or more rotating drums, which, when stopped on the playing line(s), form combinations of symbols or graphic elements.
- Non-banked Poker.
- Poker in tournament mode.
- American roulette.
- French roulette.
SRIJ measures to protect players in Portugal
Bilateral support is provided to the participants: by legislation and gambling companies in Portugal.
Operators are required to guarantee responsible gaming and provide players with information about the negative consequences of gambling activity.
Measures to protect players from an online casino are based on principles:
- Awareness — dissemination of warning messages about the dangers of gambling activity on the Internet.
- Prevention — information about the ban on gambling in casinos should be available to the participant, constantly displayed on the site.
- Support — a creation of support mechanisms in the form of self-exclusion measures and providing contact details to the network of integrated treatment centers.
The self-exclusion mechanism is that members have the right to exclude themselves from the websites, indicating the duration of the ban. The period of self-exclusion — at least 3 months — continues until the date specified by the player.
Players submit a request for self-exclusion at the casino on the SRIJ website. Just click on the link. If it is difficult to fill out the form, you can ask for help by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical support contacts for players
Information on the company's license under Portuguese law is available on the SRIJ website. Licensed operators must post on their website information about the authorization (including a link to the site and contacts of the issuing authority, the online casino license number).
The operator pays no. Taxes in Portugal based on the revenue received.
Yes. Provided that for each legal gambling site will be registered only one account.