Participants should check their licenses before starting registration in online casinos of Armenia and on international websites. For this purpose, the WEB resources provide information about the body that issued the permit, the number, and name of the license, sometimes — a link to the document itself. The regulator grants the consent to the operator to guarantee players safe entertainment and protection of their rights.
Online casino in Armenia
Gambling activity in Armenia regulates the Law «On games and gambling establishments» of 13.12.2003 and the Law «On lotteries» of 17.12.2003. The body controlling the organization of lotteries and gambling is the Ministry of Finance (appointed by the Republic of Armenia). The country's residents can play at online casino websites, which are available to them on the Internet. The Government of the Republic of Armenia is still studying the issue of licensing of foreign operators.
Legislative provisions of Armenian online casino
|Online Casino License||It issued by the state management body authorized by the Republic of Armenia — Ministry of Finance.|
From 2020, instead of a fixed duty, there will be a profit tax on totalizators. The amount of tax depends on the size of the game rates. In 2021, all online casino games will transfer to income tax.Information about online casino bets will send to the servers of the State Revenue Committee. Each bet has its identification system.
|Fines for players||No|
|Penalties for illegal gambling activities|| |
According to the current Law «On Winning Games and Gaming establishments» and the Law «On Lotteries», the authorized body may impose penalties on the organizer:
|Website Languages||English, Armenian, Russian|
|Payment System||Neteller, Visa, Skrill, MasterCard, WebMoney, Idram, Paysafeсard, ArCa|
Regulatory body in Armenia and current types of online casino games
Legalization, management and control of Internet gambling is an exclusive right of the Government of the Republic of Armenia . It can set requirements for the organizers of casino different from those in the current Law.
Authorized regulator — Ministry of Finance. It appointed by the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
Duties and functions:
- issuance of licenses for gambling activities;
- regulation of relations related to the organization of the gambling business;
- control over online casino operators;
- imposition and recovery of fines for violations related to gambling;
- management of affairs related to the organization of the gambling business;
- control over the operation of online casino operators;
- imposition and recovery of fines for violations related to gambling.
Online casino games in the country:
- roulette (classical, American, French, European);
- sweepstakes and sports betting (football, hockey, tennis, water polo);
- online slots.
Residents of Armenia can play at casinos with licenses from Malta, Great Britain, and Curacao. Exceptions — sites that have decided not to allow Armenian players.
Measures to protect players
Online gambling business in the country operates on a legal basis. The activities of the Government of the Republic of Armenia are aimed at restricting gambling entertainment and protecting citizens from gambling addiction. In November 2020, amendments to the Law «On Gaming with Winning and Gambling Houses» and to the Law «On Lotteries» are to come into force, providing for tougher organization of gambling and lotteries.
- setting the age limit - the gamblers must be at least 21 years old;
- Gambling activities, including sweepstakes in strictly defined zones: Tsaghkadzor, Sevan, Jermuk and Meghri;
- restriction on participation in gambling to persons who are declared legally incompetent;
- provision of financial guarantees by the organizer of gambling activities to protect the interests of gamblers;
- blocking access to online casinos in public places (bars, cafes, hotels, internet clubs, restaurants).
Failure to comply with the last point may result in a fine of AMD 1 million for the owners of the casino.
Support contacts for players and gambling addicts
Gambling can organize by commercial organizations registered in the Republic of Armenia under the relevant license issued by the authorized body.
Lotteries can be organized by commercial organizations whose founders are citizens registered in the Republic of Armenia (RA) or legal entities registered in the RA, based on the appropriate license.
Mostly not, as the Armenian language and currency are little known in most countries of the world.
In an online casino with Armenian license, Armenia players use bank transfers through the national payment system ArCa. In casinos with licenses from foreign regulators, use Visa and MasterCard. Another way is electronic wallets.