Information on gambling establishments that have received a license in Gibraltar and may legally function is on the site.
Legal online casinos of Gibraltar
Online casinos with the license of Gibraltar can operate in the state and in countries within the European Union(EU).
Licensing functions Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, who is appointed by the Minister of Digital Technology and Finance. Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner defines issues of issuing, renewing, and changing permits.
Gambling permits are issued to operators with work experience under licenses of international jurisdictions that meet the requirements of local laws and have certified software verified by one of the independent testing institutes, for example, eCOGRA.
Gibraltar Legislative Online Casinos
Licenses for online casinos
A remote gambling license issued
Anti-Crime Act 2015
0.15% of annual income (deducted after the first profit of £ 100,000)
License fee £ 100,000 for permission B2C
£ 85,000 — for B2B
Corporate tax 10% and VAT
Penalties for players
Penalties for illegal gambling
The penalty of up to £ 5,000 and/or up-to three months in prison in accordance with Part VIII of the Gambling Act 2005
Minimum Player Age
16 years to participate in lotteries, 18 years — in gambling
PayPal, Skrill, Neteller
Legislation and licensing
The Minister for Digital Technology and Finance (the “Minister") and the Commissioner for Gambling (who may be both an individual and an organization) are responsible for licensing, regulating the gambling sector, and handling complaints from players in Gibraltar.
The roles of the two departments are different, but the infrastructure and personnel organizations are common. This provides a streamlined approach to regulatory and licensing interactions.
The Commissioner is responsible for regulating and issuing licenses to local companies, taking into account the general policy of the Government of Gibraltar. Operators who already have cross-licenses of international jurisdictions can get permission.
There are two types of licenses in Gibraltar - B2B and B2C. Companies with B2C permissions can develop and maintain software for online casinos.
According to the Gambling Act 2005, the following licenses are active:
- A bookmaker’s license.
- A betting intermediary’s license.
- A gaming operator’s license.
- A gaming machine license.
- A lottery promoter’s license.
- A pool promoter’s license.
- A remote gambling license.
Licenses from points 1 to 6 do not allow their holders to conduct online activities. To open an online casino by Gibraltar, the holder must obtain a remote gambling license
To obtain a license, the applicant must:
- to confirm lack of criminal record;
- to provide a business plan containing a source of funding;
- to provide information about company employees;
- to confirm gambling experience and international cross-license;
- to open a bank account in Gibraltar for transactions related to payouts, bets and prize money;
- to reaffirm their readiness to comply with international requirements to combat money laundering and the financing of the spread of terrorism. Legislation in this area is the Anti-Crime Act of 2015 and several sections (AML) of the Gambling Act 2005.
To organize an online casino, the holder must first pass the test and obtain certificates from independent testing centers approved by the regulatory authority of Gibraltar:
- eCOGRA (с 2007 г.).
- iTech Labs (с 2007 г.).
- Gaming Associates (с 2007 г.).
- GLI Europe BV *Formerly known as Technical Systems Testing (TST). 2007 (с 2009 г.).
- GLI Test Labs Canada ULC *Formerly known as Technical Systems Testing (TST). 2007 (с 2013 г.).
- GLI UK Gaming Ltd (formerly known as NMi Metrology & Gaming Ltd) 2011 (с 2017 г.).
- BMM Compliance (с 2012 г.).
- SIQ Ljubljana (с 2015 г.).
- Trisigma B.V. (с 2016 г.).
- Enex TestLabs (с 2016 г.).
- Quinel M. Ltd (с 2016 г.).
The applicant must confirm his presence in the jurisdiction, be controlled, and controlled from Gibraltar upon obtaining a license for an online casino.
Contact of Support and Gambling Centers for Players
Player rights are protected by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. User complaints to online casinos must be submitted in writing by e-mail in the prescribed form. Telephone inquiries are not considered.
To fill out a form with a complaint about the operator, the player must indicate the following:
- applicant contact details;
- operator or controller data;
- the essence of the complaint (the applicant must describe in detail which transaction and when it was not completed or incomplete);
- how the complaint was considered by the operator;
- confidential information ;
- the amount that the operator did not pay.
The user confirms that the information is true and presented in full by signing the form.
In accordance with the Gambling Act 2005, a legal casino site must have at least one link to an organization that provides assistance to gambling addiction.
The Minister or the Commissioner for Gambling (the licensing authority) prescribes additional provisions regarding responsible gaming.
- to hire an employee responsible for developing a responsible gaming policy;
- to give players the opportunity to apply for suspension from the game;
- to warn users not to spend more than they have;
- to control the minimum age of users;
- to partner with the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner and licensed casinos to prevent fraud and terrorist financing.
There are no government Gambling Centers for Players in Gibraltar.
Gibraltar is a disputed territory between Britain and Spain. Both countries control legislation and gambling as well. Gibraltar online casino licenses are reliable. The payout ratio is over 92%.
The online casino support service works in English. The request can be sent in Spanish, German, and Russian, depending on the chosen virtual institution.
The licensing authority has access to the data of users of online casinos: name, address of residence, and date of birth.