Philippine online casinos run on PC and mobile. Some casinos in the Philippines offer apps that can download through Google Play or the App Store.
Online casinos in the Philippines
The residents have access to a virtual gambling establishment  accredited by the Corporation. CEZA cross-license is considered authoritative in Asia and is challenging to obtain.
The legal framework for online casinos in the Philippines
PAGCOR and CEZA issued
|Law||Presidential Decree №1 067-A |
Presidential Decree № 1869
The Republic Act № 7922
|Online casino tax|| |
2% of Gross Gaming Revenue (GGR) — E-casino
To obtain a license to provide two services: online casino and sports betting — $ 50,000
|Sanctions for operators||Penalties, revocation of a license or suspension of its validity (PAGCOR competence)|
|Punishment for illegal gambling||Fine up to $ 200,000 and license cancellation|
|Language||English, Chinese, Korean|
|Payment methods on the site||Visa, MasterСard, Neteller, Paysafecard, Skrill, Trustly|
Online casino regulators in the Philippines
PAGCOR is a public corporation managed by the President of the Republic of the Philippines. It created by the Presidential Decree (Presidential Decree, after this PD) No. 1067-A. The Corporation Creation Act has been amended and combined with PD No. 1869 and constitutes the PAGCOR Charter. Now the monopolist operates 32 online casinos across the country.
By the 2018 Offshore gaming regulatory manual , the Department of Licensing and Development of Gambling Facilities (GLDD) created at PAGCOR. The commission issues license regulates and coordinates gambling and is responsible for Responsible Gaming, black and white lists.
Compliance and Compliance (CMED) is the responsibility of regulatory compliance.
In addition to PAGCOR, in the Republic of the Philippines, special economic zones may issue casino licenses in their jurisdiction:
- The Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) founded according to the Republic Act No. 7922.
- The Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authority  (APECO) — established based on the Republic Act No. 9490.
The administration of free economic zones is authorized to provide tax benefits to companies, including casinos.
Philippines Online Gambling Licensing
An Offshore Gaming Licensing Department, (after this referred to as the Licensing Department), was created at PAGCOR. It receives, processes, and evaluates applications for the game cross-license. The final decision depends on the Corporation.
The Corporation has issued rules and regulations for online casinos with cross-licenses — Offshore Gaming Regulatory Manual . Filipino and foreign game operators are licensed.
To obtain permission, the licensee must submit to PAGCOR:
- application (original and notarized copy);
- copy of the registration with the SEC;
- GIS or information from the pension fund for the last year;
- certified company charter;
- prove that gambling will be the main focus;
- an extract stating that the authorized capital is 15 million pesos (3 million pesos - insurance fund);
- company development plan;
- MLPP — Money Laundering Prevention Plan;
- notarized job description (director, deputy, accountant).
To obtain a cross-license from The Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport Authority, you must provide all of the above documents and additional documentation described here .
The license approves by the Board of Directors of the Corporation. The Licensing Department issues the approval notice.
The common name for Philippine international gaming operators is POGO (Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator). According to the organization's charter, each company that has received a license required to create a charity fund that fills the state budget. By 2022, under the new bill, the Philippines should become the center of the gambling business in Asia.
Cross license (after this — OGL) is the authority that PAGCOR grants to POGO for the creation, maintenance, and conduct of international gaming operations on a specific site within the jurisdiction of the Corporation. The primary and authoritative cross-licensing company is the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority.
To obtain an international license, an online casino must provide the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority:
- check for payment of 30 thousand US dollars;
- feasibility study of the project;
- business plan with necessary information;
- data on technical, financial, marketing opportunities;
- copies of the charter of the company, its by-laws;
- partnership agreement;
- registration number, name and address of the legal entity;
- the obligation that the applicant should not engage in illegal activities (smuggling, fishing);
- certificate of the alleged physical location of the enterprise;
- a list of links, addresses, and phone numbers that you can contact to verify the application's information, including a commercial bank, financial institution, and an independent auditor;
- a notarized certificate that the applicant will comply with the laws of the Philippines;
- additional documents, which CEZA may need.
Online casino operators in the Philippines cannot conduct international gaming operations without a valid OGL, confirmed by a certificate from the Department of Licensing. OGL is site-specific and has three types. It issued for three years with the right to extend for another 3.
Protecting Players at Philippines Online Casinos and Technical Support Contacts for Affiliates and Players
By Presidential Decree No. 1869, as amended by Republic Law No. 9487, PAGCOR established the rules for Responsible Gaming . Operators and players must follow them. The document contains online gaming rules to reduce potential harm, prevent gambling addiction, and prevent minors from playing with them.
Users with addiction and their relatives can add the player to the list of self-exclusions . There are two forms: for self-exclusion  and for restricting access to relatives . PAGCOR and online operators cannot disclose information about self-excluded to third parties.
Operators should not provide access to online sites:
- users under the age of 21;
- civil servants and their relatives;
- members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and Philippine National Police (PNP), their immediate family.
According to the Offshore Gaming Regulatory Manual, online casinos in the Philippines must pass a technical security check and payout honesty.
A white list of PAGCOR-approved online casino  software providers can be found on the GLDD website..
To help solve problems, you can contact the hotline in the Philippines: (02) 623 1869; (0917) 592 6618.
The legal age for online gambling and land-based casinos in the country is 21 years.
Register on the site: provide a valid e-mail, personal data. After registration, the player will receive an e-mail with a username and password. You can play in the demo (training) or paid mode.
Banned by Masiao, Last Two, and Jueteng. Users can legally play any slots, tables, and card games (blackjack, roulette, poker).