Norway online casino regulations
|Online casino license ||Crown Monopoly |
|Laws || |
- Lov om pengespill m.v. (pengespilloven)  01.01.1993.
- Lov om lotterier m.v. (lotteriloven)  1995.
- Lov om veddemål ved totalisator [totalisatorloven]  1927.
|Taxes ||The number of fees and deductions sets by the King |
|Player taxes ||No |
|Fines for illegal gambling ||The number of fines set by the court on the order of Lotteritilsynet |
|Payment systems || |
- direct bank transfers
Norway Online Casinos: Crown Regulatory Policy
There is a state gambling monopoly in the country.
The Laws establishing the rules for conducting gambling:
The state-owned commercial company operates under the Lotteritilsynet  (The Norwegian Gaming Authority). It is under the authority of the Norwegian Ministry of Culture and the King.
Two companies became state monopolists of the gambling business in Norway.
|Name ||Field of activity |
|North Tipping || |
Online and land-based gambling:
- traditional, digital and instant lotteries;
- online casino (roulette, blackjack, card games, slots);
- sports betting;
- slot machines;
|North Rikstoto ||Horse racing |
Profits from gambling used to develop the social sphere. You can play in a casino in Norway from the age of 18.
The Ministry of Culture regulates the activities of the country's gambling establishments:
- Establishes the rules for the processing of personal information of users and the general rules for conducting gambling business.
- Financially limits the activities of service providers.
- Regulate the work of Lotteritilsynet.
- Monitors compliance with the rules, the distribution of prizes, disposes of unreleased winnings.
- Regulates and monitors the accounting of companies.
- Prohibits lotteries and gambling that can abuse or challenging to control.
- Write additional rules and regulations regarding the revocation of permits, legal action, or penalties for illegal online activity.
The law prohibits the issuance of licenses to provide online gambling services to local and foreign private companies.
Online casinos in Norway are inferior to their foreign counterparts in the number of games, bet sizes, and jackpots. There are no welcome bonuses on the licensed site.
Foreign suppliers and operators of online casinos in Norway are prohibited. Norwegian banks have blocked the withdrawal of funds from international casinos since 2010.
It is prohibited in the country to advertise foreign and national gaming resources. Responsible gambling programs promoted and relevant principles actively implemented.
Technical support and measures to prevent gambling addiction in Norway
When registering at the KongKasino online casino, you need to set spending limits.
- the maximum monthly limit is 20,000 kroons;
- in instant online lotteries, the limit is NOK 10,000 per month or NOK 400 per day;
- the monthly spending limit on Multix slots is 2,700 CZK (650 CZK per day), while in Bingoria, it is 4,400 CZK (or 900 CZK per day).
The bet per line's size is limited, winnings at online casinos in Norway above 10,000 kroons automatically transferred to the player's registered bank account. The Play Scan system monitors the actions of participants and reports the risk of gambling addiction.
The Hjelpelinjen  helpline operates to help addicted gamblers and their families. Contacts: phone +47 800 800 40, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The website contains a list of centers assisting  in different regions of Norway.
The online addiction treatment program  lasts three months. In Norway, there are support groups for addicts Spillavhengighet — Norge  and Anonyme Gamblere Norge .
Players can consult their family doctor to obtain a referral for treatment. Gambling addiction problems are dealt with in public clinics in Norway.